Seal Future Foundation, Inc. (“SFF”) is a New York not-for-profit corporation whose mission is to provide resources to equip active duty and veteran Navy SEALs for success in the civilian world.
SFF values the privacy of all end users (“Users”) of SFF’s website, available at www.sealff.org (the “Site”). This Policy explains what information SFF collects about Users and how SFF uses that information. Before using the Site or submitting any information to the Site, please read this Policy carefully for an explanation of how SFF will treat such information.
If you do not agree to this Policy, you are prohibited from using the Site. Please note that this Policy only applies to information collected on the Site. If you have further questions about this Policy, please contact SFF at email@example.com. SFF reserves the right to change the Site and this Policy at any time (see “Changes to the Policy” below). The Terms and Conditions for the Site are available at www.sealff.org/terms (the “Terms and Conditions”) and are incorporated by reference herein.
1. User Information
In order to access some of the Site’s services and functionality – including, without limitation, getting involved with SFF, contacting SFF through the Site and making donations – you must provide SFF and, as applicable, SFF’s service providers with certain information (“User Information”) which may include, by way of example and not limitation, the following:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your mailing address
- Your BUD/S Class (as applicable)
- Your Business/Organization/Institution name
- Your credit card information
- Any other personally identifiable information
If you choose to access other sites or services with which the Site interacts, or other services with which SFF works, you may also be asked or required to provide additional information, subject to the terms of those sites or services.
2. Other Information and Tracking
Other information that does not personally identify a User (“Other Information”) may be collected when User participates in certain features of the Site. The Site may use standard technology and other tools, such as cookies – which may include both first party and third party cookies – to automatically collect Other Information, such as your IP address, geographic location, searches, things you click on, browser type, operating system type, the pages you view and request, and the date and time of your visits. We also use Google Analytics and my use other types of third party data and analytical services. This information is aggregated and used to improve the Site and the Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and services SFF offers through the Site.
3. Use and Sharing of User Information and Other Information
User Information and Other Information may be compiled and used by SFF (or third party services) for the following purposes:
- To send information concerning SFF
- To provide you with Content and services available at or via the Site
- To solicit and process donations
- To determine how SFF can better serve its Users
- To customize the Content provided to Users by SFF or via the Site
- To analyze User interactions with the Site and improve the Site and SFF’S services
- To initiate or respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to state or federal law
- To take actions necessary to protect and/or to defend SFF’S rights and property (including intellectual property)
- To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and misuse or unauthorized use of the Site
- To enforce SFF’S Terms and Conditions and/or this Policy
- To provide information, presentations, pictures, videos and illustrations regarding SFF and its programs
SFF may share User Information and Other Information with:
- Third party services that SFF uses to manage User Information and Other Information
- Third parties with whom SFF works to enhance the services that SFF provides
- Third party services that SFF uses to process donations to SFF
- Third parties for the purpose of verifying Users’ qualifications to access the Site
- Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
- Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on behalf of SFF or its designees
- Other third parties under special circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, or protecting the safety of Users
SFF will not provide User Information to any third party to manage User Information, or with whom SFF partners to enhance services, unless SFF receives assurances from such third party that it (1) will not use or disclose User Information for purposes of solicitation or direct marketing, and (2) will keep User Information secure using methods comparable to, or more secure than, the security methods used by SFF. However, SFF does not control third parties, and SFF assumes no liability in the event that a third party breaches its promises regarding confidentiality. SFF encourages you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect that your User Information has been comprised by a third party. SFF is opposed to spam and will not sell User Information for that purpose.
If you do not wish to be contacted by SFF, you can send us a request to email@example.com.
To the extent that you provide User Information or Other Information to SFF concerning third parties, that information will be subject to the same conditions as set forth above.
4. Right to Review, Correct and Delete Personally Identifiable Information
If you provide SFF with User Information, you have the right to:
- Review such User Information
- Request that SFF correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in such User Information
- Request that your User Information not be used to contact User
- Request that your User Information be removed from any SFF solicitation list
- Request that your User Information be deleted from SFF’s records
If you request that your User Information be deleted from SFF’s records, there may be a brief delay in processing that request while SFF verifies that the request is valid and originates from you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact SFF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Children’s Policy
SFF does not allow submissions of personally identifiable information (including User Information) by any person SFF actually knows is a child under the age of 13. By submitting information to the Site, you represent and warrant that you are not under the age of 13. If SFF learns that any personally identifiable information has been submitted by any child under the age of 13, then SFF will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
6. Security Measures
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. SFF may use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect User Information from unauthorized and improper access, use, disclosure, modification, and destruction, but cannot assure that those technologies and procedures will be effective.
7. Linked Sites
Other websites, materials, or locations that may be linked to or from the Site (“Linked Sites”). Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to Linked Sites, and SFF is not responsible for, nor does SFF have any control over, the privacy practices of Linked Sites or other parties. SFF encourages you to be aware when you leave the Site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. The Policy applies solely to information collected by SFF.
8. Changes to the Policy
SFF may occasionally, and reserves the right at any time to, update or otherwise revise this Policy. If SFF does update or revise this Policy, SFF will update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Policy. You should review this Policy each time you access the Site to stay informed about SFF’S collection, use, and disclosure of User Information and Other Information on the Site.
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE POLICY AND ANY UPDATES TO THE POLICY.
9. California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may submit a written request to SFF about how SFF has shared your User Information with select third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, SFF will identify the categories of information shared, if any, and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. Please submit a written request to email@example.com.
10. Contact Information
SFF welcomes Users’ comments and questions regarding this Policy. You should contact SFF by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this Policy.
Last Updated: April 3, 2019